How import Speedtree model to Shiva3D ?

Resources Import, formats, techniques and optimisation

How import Speedtree model to Shiva3D ?

Postby bazsem » 2016-08-04 16:22

Hi
I would like to know How can import the model of tree from Speedtree with animation of wind . Might you advise another application for creating trees with animation?
bazsem
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: How import Speedtree model to Shiva3D ?

Postby broozar » 2016-08-04 18:10

hi,

animated model import into ShiVa requires DAE files with bones. blend shapes or vertex modifiers are not supported. I don't know if speedtree supports DAE export, however they should have an FBX exporter, which can easily be converted using either the free autodesk converter, most DCC packages or tools like UU3D.

I looked into speedtree a while back myself, however did not write an integration for monetary, time and license reasons. However IIRC there are a number of ways to integrate speedtree into an engine, and importing models alone was the worst and slowest option available... yes, at the bottom of the page: http://www.speedtree.com/middleware-integration-sdk.php ... so don't expect to get massive forests with good performance using this method.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How import Speedtree model to Shiva3D ?

Postby bazsem » 2016-08-04 21:42

I import model in 3dsmax in fbx and i see that animation plays but bones dont move and i understand that speedtree exporting animations not with bones . He export animation like mesh deformation . And you say that "blend shapes or vertex modifiers are not supported"
Until the only way out is to create easy animation bones own or use another ways.
bazsem
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Return to Import