Editor annoyances (v1.9.2)

Report bugs and issues

Editor annoyances (v1.9.2)

Postby bans3i » 2016-07-12 09:50

The points below are not really bugs, but very annoying things:

- If I'am debugging scripts, change something in a script and press CTRL+S, I'll get a control character in my script window.
- If I have multiple scripts open and switch between the scripts, it takes a short time, until the other script window is loaded.
- Why is there no function to rename AIHandlers and AIFunctions?
- Why I can't sort variables by name in the AI Debugger?
- If you change a value in text fields, you have to press enter, otherwise the value will be reverted.
- Is there a shortcut for the "Find and replace" window in AIModel editor? (global search)
- It would be nice to clean up unused AI variables with a single button click.
- Why is there no code completion for AIModels and AIHandler if I use send event?
bans3i
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Editor annoyances (v1.9.2)

Postby kaxig » 2016-07-12 10:04

+1 to all points. After years of using Shiva you get so used to those things it never occurred to me to actually report them.

Sorting variables in debugger would be the most important one to me.
kaxig
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby broozar » 2016-07-12 11:04

a bit late reporting on software that is no longer in development and about to be replaced with ShiVa 2.0, the successor :) some thoughts:

- saving shortcuts like ctrl+s/cmd+s work in 2.0
- never noticed any lag switching between script tabs
- to rename, you have to duplicate with another name and then remove the unwanted one. i can see how this is annoying though. it works the same way in 2.0, so maybe we should change that at some point.
- the new 2.0 debugger is still in the works. if your want your feature request to be heard, please use our 2.0 bug tracker.
- pressing enter is how many other applications work too, you will get used to it
- a search and replace shortcut is in 2.0
- that would be quite dangerous as you can access AIVariables from other scripts, aimodels, network users and c++ plugins or outside hooks&callbacks; the last 2 would be almost impossible to automate variable removal without potentially breaking your game.
- limitations of the code highlighter. ShiVa does not auto complete on any strings. could be a nice feature though.

thanks for your input! i'll forward some of your ideas as suggestions to the team, so we can keep them in the back of our heads for future 2.0 beta updates.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bans3i » 2016-07-13 09:15

Thank you for the reply.

I thought 2.0 is in beta stadium?
bans3i
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby broozar » 2016-07-13 20:11