TheHunt standalone report

Linux Desktop Apps

TheHunt standalone report

Postby broozar » 2009-09-28 02:06

- say, who is writing your shell scripts. the install script for the standalone engine didn\'t work except for ubuntu maybe, and now the hunt standalone demo that is supposed to work through all distributions, but doesn\'t even fire up with your script. chmod is a root command, who would run a game that\'s been just downloaded from the net as root. but even if you comment it out, it does not work. i\'d simply use

#!/bin/bash

cd $(dirname $0)/TheHunt_Datas/
./TheHunt ./TheHunt-Loading.stk

and advise the user in the readme to chmod the dir in case it\'s not been automatically chmodded while unpacking, as in most of the cases.

- fullscreen is not working, at least not on my machine. no errors in the log concerning this issue.
- but there are log issues. Cannot load object model DefaultDynamicLightSet, DefaultDirectionLight, st_j2f2, st_fake_helice, Dummy. though the game looks and starts fine.

and, seriously, will there actually be a pack (player) for linux that supports fullscreen, mouse wheel etc before 2.0? i can\'t believe it\'s just my system. you must encounter something similar, especially since your ubuntu is not that brand new anymore, judging the log file that came with the standalone pack.

sorry if i sound rude and upset, i am just wondering.
CM ShiVa Technologies SAS
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Re:TheHunt standalone report

Postby Yopia » 2009-09-28 08:56

Hi Broozar,

We will have a look at the linux standalone player to fix some things before the 1.8 release. It should include the mouse wheel and perhaps a fullscreen fix. The fullscreen works on ubuntu (at least on our distro) so I don\'t know if a quick solution.

About the \"Cannot load object model\" log, it\'s a \"normal\" runtime warning. These missing resources are useless for runtime.

ps : if you run the ShiVa3D webplayer and press alt+enter, does it go to fullscreen ?
Yopia
Administrator
Administrator

Postby broozar » 2009-09-28 15:44

hi,

yes, alt+enter from the web player works well. however, pressing alt+enter again does not minimize the application again, instead, it seems to freeze (but it actually does not crash), and if you press alt+enter again, it continues to work in fullscreen as if nothing ever happened.

i\'d really like to get the command line options working - or at least the cfg file should be interpreted. right now, it always starts in the same tiny resolution and seems to ignore the cfg file as well as the command line input.

[edit]: alt+enter also works with the hunt standalone in the same fashion as the webplayer (pseudo-freeze when trying to minimize). so, is it really \"just the cfg/command line that is being ignored? how hard can that be to fix, the actual technology seems to be working well...!
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby massimo » 2009-09-30 17:00

massimo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby broozar » 2009-09-30 17:46

i use bash.

yes, you are correct, chmod is not a root command when the files you are trying to chmod belong to the user. i also must apologize for reporting that the script is not working. i updated my whole distro just after this initial post and now ran the hunt again - and the shell script worked. but i remember having some rights issues on the old system, that\'s one reason why i jumped to conclusions that chmod was not intended for non-root use.

so false alarm on the shell script - i\'m sorry.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Linux