Marmalade export IOS - no sound

Crossplatform Airplay Development

Marmalade export IOS - no sound

Postby csw2014 » 2014-09-18 13:46

anyone here used the shiva marmalade export? i used for ios (to avoid touching a mac), and it works great except the sound part, it's just beeps and beeps where should be sounds/music, the rest is ok, there's any issue or fix i should be aware of? i'm using the latest marmalade version 7.4.0
csw2014
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Marmalade export IOS - no sound

Postby broozar » 2014-09-18 22:37

hm, which export profile are you using?

try combinations of PC, iOS and Marmalade. I have never used marmalade, but i suppose the solution to this problem is similar to the "no sound" problem on windows phones, which can be fixed by choosing a suitable export profile.

PS: using our native iOS engine is far superior... there's a reason why we offer marmalade profiles only for targets we don't have native ports for.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby csw2014 » 2014-09-19 03:36

I was using the iphone/ipad profile. I followed your advice and tried a few combinations (win, win+ios, mac+ios, wp7, etc) but still same problem on the ones i tried.
When you mention Marmalade profile, you mean selecting the profiles with marmalade between () like windows mobile, symbian? i selected those too anyway, same problem. any other tips?
I've all my music and sounds on wav format originally.
If i could afford a new mac to compile on xcode5 (my old mac won't do) i won't be using marmalade export option, but for now marmalade export looks like the only chance i've to release my game on ios platform.
csw2014
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby broozar » 2014-09-19 09:22

ok, will hand this over to Tech.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Postby csw2014 » 2014-09-19 17:57

thanks
Meanwhile i noticed on that thread about wp7 sound problem, a possible fix could be a conversion on music formats (to wma), but couldn't understood how i could apply that fix on this situation, i had all my musics on wav format and then imported/converted inside shiva editor, then i just see .mus and .ccz files on my musics folder, anything worth trying or just wait for the tech team? :)
csw2014
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby broozar » 2014-09-19 18:24

not 1:1 of course. the WP7 solution had 2 components:
1. select the correct export profile, so textures and other resources can be converted and compressed correctly.
2. convert the music files manually to a format that the platform accepts. WMA is specific to the windows platform.

all music and sound files imported into shiva are automatically converted and compressed with ogg/vorbis. the .mus in the editor project is a renamed ogg file, ccz does not contain sounds or music.

as I do not have the answer to your format question, I suppose the only thing to do now is wait until Tech comes up with an answer.
broozar
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Ideaworks 3D Marmalade (Airplay SDK)